Providing Exceptional Eye Care Since 1955
VisionFirst opened its doors in 1955 under the name Louisville Optical. At that time, the company was a wholesale optical outlet for Monfried Optical.
Dr. Rod Rallo purchased Louisville Optical in 1987 and expanded his optometric practice. Dr. Rallo moved Louisville Optical in 1991 to the 4000 Poplar Level Road location. Since 1987, through strategic partnerships, VisionFirst has aligned itself with the finest eye doctors in the region. VisionFirst now has 14 convenient locations throughout Kentuckiana that serve thousands of patients who trust their eye care needs to VisionFirst.
The Growing VisionFirst Community
In 2003, Louisville Optical became VisionFirst to better reflect the values and commitment of the company to its customers. In 2005 and 2009, the Poplar Level Road location went through major renovations and expansions to serve its customers better. Since 2005, VisionFirst has remodeled, expanded or moved many of our offices. This allows us to offer the latest in diagnostic equipment, including Optomap™ Digital Retinal Photography, Optiview for early glaucoma detection and Tel-Screen. Our doctors are committed to providing the latest in eye care technology.
Known for Personalized Care, Designer Brands, and More!
VisionFirst is also committed to offering the latest in fashion eyewear for the entire family at affordable prices. The office’s renovations and expansions allow us to offer hundreds of frames that will fit your personal style and budget. For a listing of the designer frames we offer, please click here. We now have from 800 to 1,200 designer, fashion and value frames for your selection.
Here is a brief summary of our recent expansion efforts:
- In October 2005 and October 2009, our Poplar Level Road office completed major renovations and expansions.
- In May 2006, we remodeled our Leitchfield office. We are proud to be part of the Grayson County community since 1998.
- In November 2006, we moved our New Albany office to a new location at 4326 Charlestown Road. We are proud to be part of the Southern Indiana community since 1997.
- In April 2007, we moved our Shelbyville, Kentucky office to our new location at 1627 Midland Trail. We are proud to be a part of the Shelbyville community since 1983.
- In May 2007, we renovated our office at 4527 Outer Loop in Louisville. We are proud to be part of the Okolona community since 1988.
- In July 2007, we completed a total renovation of our Frankfort, Kentucky office. We are proud to be part of the Frankfort community since 1982.
- In December 2007, we moved our Middletown, Kentucky office to our new office at 12911 Shelbyville Road (in front of the new Wal-Mart). We are proud to be a part of the Middletown community since 1991.
- In November 2010, we expanded our practice to serve patients in Scottsburg, Indiana and Seymour, Indiana.
- In May 2011, we moved our Seymour, Indiana office to our new office located at 631 E. Tipton Street. We are proud to continue to serve the residents of Jackson County.
- In December 2011, we expanded our New Albany, Indiana office to better serve the residents of Southern Indiana.
- In February 2012, we remodeled our Frankfort office. We continue to proudly serve Franklin County.
- In December 2012, we remodeled our Poplar Level location which offers an expanded pre-test area, a larger contact lens fitting area as well as larger patient waiting area.
- In June 2013, we expanded our Taylorhurst office. We added additional exam lanes as well as a larger optical area and waiting area. This location has served the community for over 25 years and we look forward to serving its residents for many more years to come in our newly renovated location!
- On October 1, 2013, our Outer Loop location moved to Hillview, Kentucky next to Zaxby’s restaurant. We are very excited to become part of the Hillview community and meet new patients while continuing to provide superior eye care to our existing patients.
- In January 2015, we opened our new office located at 6812 Dixie Highway. We look forward to serving the residents of southwest Jefferson County in Kentucky!