As we all know, the news of the COVID-19 virus is ever-changing. In the midst of a viral outbreak that has now impacted communities worldwide, VisionFirst wants to be prepared to do our part to slow and limit the overall spread of COVID-19.
Given the unpredictable circumstances of this virus, we do not feel confident continuing a “business as usual” approach for the safety of our patients, doctors, and staff.
Therefore, for this foreseeable future, in addition to our normal protocols and inhibiting the spread of infectious diseases, we will be taking the following additional measures:
- Removal of all communal items from our waiting areas in our offices and opticals, including but not limited to newspapers, pens, magazines, brochures, etc.
- Regular additional disinfection of all hard surfaces throughout the office, including eyeglass frames. This is above and beyond our routine of disinfecting all equipment between patient visits.
- We ask the only essential individuals enter the office to pick up glasses, contacts or attend appointments. Essential individuals include the patient, parent and/or guardian.
If you are an adult, we ask that you complete your visit alone. For those that are traveling with you, we ask that they stay in the car during your visit. If the patient is a minor, a Parent or Guardian is welcome and should join the appointment.
Minimizing the number of people in and out of public places will greatly reduce the spread of COVID-19.
We want to repeat the information we sent last Friday, March 13:
Here are a few precautionary measures you can take during this time:
- If you have traveled outside of the U.S. in the last 4 weeks or have come into contact with someone who has, please let us know before coming to your appointment.
- We will continue to schedule patients as usual; however, if you have an upcoming appointment and are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, respiratory illness, or have a fever, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment until these symptoms resolve and you are feeling better.
- If you do arrive to an appointment with flu-like symptoms, we may request that you reschedule your appointment.
We always stress the importance of keeping appointments as a part of treatment plans. If you need to reschedule due to the symptoms described above, our doctors will review your information to ensure the best care possible while decreasing the chance of spreading infection.
We continue to stay very busy at our offices and thank you in advance for following the above safety protocols. The doctors and staff at VisionFirst are always committed to the highest level of eye care and eyewear.
We will remain open to meet all your vision needs. Thanks again for trusting VisionFirst.