Our VisionFirst team is growing and we are eager to introduce you to all of our new, excellent eye doctors. We want our loyal patients to get to know our doctors on a more personal level and feel comfortable when you walk into our offices knowing you are in the best hands. This leads us to introduce one of newest additions, Dr. Julie Rallo.
Dr. Julie Rallo joined us in July. She received her undergraduate degree in Human Nutrition from the University of Kentucky. She went on to receive her Doctor of Optometry degree from Southern College of Optometry, like many of our other doctors. During those years, she also participated in medical mission trips to Jamaica.
Julie practices full-scope optometry, including comprehensive eye exams, diagnosing and treating ocular diseases, and co-management of pre- and post-operative care for cataract and refractive surgery. She fits all major brands of contact lenses, including those that correct for astigmatism and multifocal lenses. She is also a member of the American Optometric Association and the Kentucky Optometric Association.
We’ve got some news to share! Julie just got engaged! So she’s in a very exciting time of her life. She also happens to be the daughter of one of our veteran team members and business partners, Dr. Rod Rallo. Julie has had a love for the VisionFirst community long before she joined our team. She even worked as a pre-tester at VisionFirst while she was in high school and college. So her addition here is more like a “Welcome Home” party!
In her free time, she enjoys hanging out with her family, hiking, and traveling. She looks forward to getting to know many of you!
Here’s How to Get to Know YOUR Eye Doctor
Dr. Rallo sees patients at 4000 Poplar Level Road, Louisville, Kentucky and the Taylorhurst location near Stonybrook at 2110 S. Hurstbourne Parkway, Louisville, Kentucky. If you’re interested in scheduling an appointment with her as your new doctor, or maybe you’re preparing to see one of our other doctors for the first time, here are 3 questions you can ask them as you’re getting to know them.
- What days/hours does he or she regularly sees patients?
- In order the be proactive about your eye care, and to better insure you can see the same doctor in the future, become familiar with the available hours of your preferred doctor.
- What’s their favorite hobby?
- We include this question because we want you to feel comfortable around your doctor. Go ahead and break the ice. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, we hope our doctors can be like your family doctor. They’re able to see each member of your family–from childhood to retirement age. And they hope to serve your whole family for many, many years. In the effort to get to know them, feel free to ask them something they love to do… besides working for VisionFirst, of course!
- Ask them your top eye care question.
- If you have a family history of a particular health care issue that concerns the eyes, it can help to build trust with your doctor when you share the top question or concern you have about your eye health. Obviously we encourage you to choose just 1 to 2 questions max. Feel free to save other questions for other appointments because it could feel like an overload of information if your doctor were to breakdown ALL aspects of eye care for you in just one visit.
If you work or live near Poplar Level or the corner of Taylorsville Road and Hurstbourne Lane– or if you’re a loyal VisionFirst patient who loves meeting new people– we’d love for you to get to know Dr. Julie Rallo.