Getting ready for an eye exam can be a little stressful. Especially if it is a first-time visit. Thankfully, eyeglasses are not considered nerdy anymore but instead have become the most prominent fashion statement about ourselves. Even contacts have advanced a long way and can be well suited for an active lifestyle. Although the exam process and after-care are fairly easy, taking care of a few items before your initial visit can ensure an even smoother appointment.
What to do before your next eye appointment
- Be sure to complete the new patient paperwork and bring it with you. This all means there’ll be less for you to do when you arrive and a shorter visit. (Not that we don’t love seeing you!)You should have three forms to fill out:
- The Information/Health History form,
- The Patient Financial Responsibility form
- The HIPPA form
- Bring those medical and/or vision insurance cards. Even if you know who your insurance provider is, having these cards is necessary to adding you as a new patient.
- So you remembered to put the insurance cards in your wallet, but be sure to also get the policyholder’s information (i.e. employer and date of birth) and keep it on hand. We are going to need that too!
- Are you on medications? Let’s be honest, some prescriptions are hard to pronounce and even harder to spell! Bring a list of any medications you are taking with you so you don’t forget.
- Allow 60 minutes for your appointment. We promise it will be a painless hour, and if you arrive early, that will ensure you can be seen as soon as the doctor is available.
We would love to help you here at Vision First in order to help you See, Look and Feel your best! If you have any questions about your initial visit, forms you need to fill out, or anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.